Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Early Childhood Part.2



Clinton, Chris’s dad, was a corrections officer at a local prison, while Joyce, Chris’s mom, was a former day care center director. Chris had one other sibling, an older sister name Lytrell Bundy who worked at a bank.  Chris’s parents got a divorced when Chris was the age of six. Following that, his mother had gotten married to another man. “I don’t want to mention the person’s name – He wasn’t my real father – but somebody hurt my mom and me.” Chris stated. As time went on, Chris watched his mother get abused by his stepfather. He and his sister had to deal with the constant abuse since Chris was the age of six, all the way till he turned thirteen. “It affected me, especially my behavior towards women,” Chris began, “I treated them differently. I don’t want to put women through the same thing that person put my mom through.” Chris was already scared and timid when he was young. His stepfather’s abusive behavior added more fear to his heart. Chris had became so scared that he started to wet his bed. It was his nervousness and fear of getting up to see what was going on that had him wetting the bed. Joyce tried hiding the abusive sides of her husband for Chris and his sister, but they already knew what was going on. “Anybody that’s going through it, just try to deal with it, and talk it out.” Chris pleaded. Early on in his career, he talked about how watching his mother being abused influenced him to treat women with respect. He had it in his mind that he will never hurt a woman in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment